Friday, December 30, 2011

My copy of "Bambi - The Sketchbook Series"

It finally arrived! My very own copy of "Bambi - The Sketchbook Series". So I thought I might share some thoughts around the book and answer some questions about it if you have any.

First and foremost, it is a beautiful book with no focus other than showing rough sketches by the nine old men and other Disney artists. So for an animation/illustration fanatic, this book suites me perfectly. But that is said with the fact in mind that I only had to pay $25 for my copy. I'm seeing the other sketchbooks go for $800 to $1400 and I can't see myself buying those books anytime soon, even though I consider myself to be a collector. There are scans scattered around the web which will give you most of the satisfaction, just not the big one that is holding the book in your hands. Which in my opinion, is worth $200 at most. But I guess that is for each person and wallet to decide :)
To sum up, if you can find a copy for a reasonable price. Do yourself a favor and buy a gift for yourself. This book is a great addition to any Disney fans bookshelf.

If you have any questions, please leave a comment and I'll try and answer it as quickly as possible.

Below are some photos taken from my iPhone so I apologize for the quality.















No comments:

Post a Comment